Your Goal is to Pass the Adobe Certified Associate Exam
Due to the Corona Virus, ALL classes
are cancelled until April 1, 2020
Assignment: Various Due Dates Throughout the Semester
Project MUST be 600 px wide x 800 px tall.
Other configurations will NOT be accepted!
ALL ADOBE LEARNERS
- CLICK HERE
for a sheet explaining an assignment that you will be responsible for no matter what software you are learning.
Week 10: March 30 - April 3, 2020
Make a torn-edge effect. Check it out HERE
Week 9: March 23-27, 2020
Make a spray-painted effect with type. Check it out HERE
Week 8: March 16-20, 2020
Due to the Corona Virus, school has been dismissed for the year. I urge you to use this time safely and wisely. READ A BOOK. Go online and watch some Adobe videos. CONTACT ME if you did not gain access to Adobe software through their free Corona Virus program.
Week 7: March 9-13, 2020
- You really need to watch the videos this week. Project 3: Magazine Cover is due on Friday, March 20. Deadlines in the design industry are absolute!
- NO theme projects this week or next. I want you to concentrate on learning! Do "fears and tears" but skip "time traveler" and "uncharted waters"
- CHECK IT OUT! Joshua E's response to the theme, "Things Found Under Car Seats" BELOW
- Need some extra credit? Do one of the Photoshop Challenges HERE and I'll give you plenty of points.
Week 6: March 2-5, 2020
- You should have already watched ALL of the videos. Now it is time to get started with Project 3.
- Project 3: 19 videos, Total Video Time: 97 minutes, Class time allotted: 720 minutes!
- Weekly Theme Project: Fears & Tears
Week 5: February 24-28, 2020
- DUE Friday: Turn-in your Student Packet with Project 2 entries completed (pgs 14-21)
- DUE Friday: Theme Project "things found under car seats"
Week 4: February 18-21, 2020
- Get to work on Project 2 in Brain Buffet!
There are 10 videos to watch - total video viewing time of 50 minutes.
You can do this!
- Don't forget to do the workbook.
- DUE Friday: Theme Project "grey side of life"
Week 3: February 10-14, 2020
There is a lot of work to do this week. READ below!
Week 2: February 3-7, 2020
- Brain Buffet Project 1 is due Monday, February 10.
Turn-in your journal using the Bear button on the left. Do not share your journal- I have ways of knowing.
- Project 1 Extension Challenges DUE TUESDAY, FEB. 11:
● Restore some of the extra images in the downloads folder for this project
● Try a Photoshop tutorial you find online (our faves)● Find photos online and fix them yourself (NatArchives, Google)
● Adobe Education Exchange- Especially Photoshop Retouching Tutorials
● Other tutorials online (like here, here, and here or find your own.)
DUE Friday, February 14th: Valentine's Day Card
This can be a valentine to the world, to an animal, to anything you like. Contact Ms. Durkin for some great Brushes & Valentine's art.
Technical requirements: 400x400 pixels (phone size), 96ppi (if using Photoshop), file name= YourFullName.png
Day 1: January 27,2020
Do these NOW. Each is worth 50 points.
Week 1: January 27-31,2020
- Your learning will consist mostly of watching short instructional videos and practicing new skills. The lessons start out very simply and progress in difficulty as you progress. Video learning is proven to be the best possible technique for thoroughly learning this powerful program. This is how I learn software. This is how everyone in the industry learns new software. Stick with the expectations of watching all of the videos and doing the exercises and you will be rewarded with Photoshop skills that are enviable. In addition to the BrainBuffet lessons, there are weekly creative lessons where you get to let your imagination fly.
- Login to your computer.
Right-click on the desktop and create a new file with your name on it.
- This is where you will save all of your files. Important: STAY ORGANIZED. Make a new file folder for each new project and name it appropriately so that you can easily each project and its corresponding files.
- Ms. Durkin has a USB Drive with the project files that you will need for the semester. Copy these to your desktop folder.
Next, right-click on the file: PSCC18 Student Packet-v1.pdf and select "rename."
Rename the file: Pd1_YOURLASTNAME_workbook.pdf (make certain to input the correct class period that you are in after Pd). This is your class workbook- one of the ways you will be graded on your progress.
For every video you watch and project that you do in Photoshop, you will add screen shots, commentary, and answer questions using your workbook to record your progress.
For EVERY IMAGE that you create in the projects exercises, you must save your final version as a .png file of that image and add it to your student workbook to receive credit.
- To get prepared for the first lessons, you will need to UNZIP the Unit 1 project files. It is done by clicking on the "zipped" file and selecting extract.
- Classroom Expectations: No Phones, No Music, No watching television online.
This class is all about total immersion in Photoshop learning.
- Brain Buffet Project 1 due Mon. Feb. 10th. You have 7 classes (9 hrs) to complete it. Wasting class time is the worse possible thing you can do.
- Go to BrainBuffet by click on the red circular logo at the upper left corner of this page. By the time you read this, you should receive a welcome email from BrainBuffet with your user name and password.