Welcome to the 2019-20 Adobe Photoshop Class Page
Week 7: Tues-Fri, October 15-18
You should have finished Unit 4, Hogwartz Pet Store by now!
-Your ASSIGNMENT is to create a creature using an non-human and ONE of these BEAR HEADS
-Right-click on the image you are going to use and Save As to your file folder.
-FILE SIZE: 1500pixels x 1500pixels, PPI= 96
-Save the file as a .jpg with YourFullName
.jpg as the name of the file and turn-in using the bear head on this page.
This assignment will be closely scrutinized to the RUBRIC
Week 7: Monday, October 14
Week 6: October 7-11, 2019
You need to get through Units 3 and 4 by the end of the week. Be certain to show me your quiz scores and the projects that you created while watching the videos.You are doing a great job! Keep it up. The more you learn, the more fun the program becomes!
There are 124 ACA Photoshop videos to watch. There are approximately 30 class sessions left in the semester. If you are behind in your learning you need to watch at least 4 videos per day to stay on track!
Week 5: September 30 - October 4, 2019
- ASSIGNMENT: Due Friday, October 4 - Worth 50 points
- Use your imagination and do something with the stag in the photo (pictured below).
- DOWNLOAD the source file HERE. Do NOT download the image by right-clicking on the image below.
- Do NOT change the size of the canvas. Keep it at 1000x1000 pixels, 96 ppi. You may, of course, change the stag in any way you wish.
- USE LAYERS and make certain they are labeled. Do NOT flatten the layers.
- READ the RUBRIC!
- SAVE your file as a .jpg with YOUR FULL LEGAL name as the name of the file.l
- TURN-IN your file using the Bear Button at the top-left of this papge.
Week 4: September 23-27, 2019
- ASSIGNMENT: Due Friday, Sept. 27th - Worth 50 points.
- Use your imagination and do something with this object (pictured below) in a creation.
- CREATE FILE: 2200 pixels wide x 1500 pixels high. 96 pixels per inch. Save your file as: YourFullName.jpg
- Download the Photoshop File HERE. Open it in Photoshop. Select All (Ctrrl-A). Copy (Ctrl-C). Open the file you made and paste this new file (Ctrl-V). In Photoshop, change the mode to Grayscale, then change it again to RGB.
- USE LAYERS - Make certain your layers are labeled. Do NOT flatten layers.
- RUBRIC HERE
- TURN-IN YOUR FILE using the Bear Button at the top-left of this page. Save your file as a .jpeg. If you are having trouble submitting your file, ZIP your file and try again.
Assignment for ALL Adobe Software Students Worth 200 Points
DUE MONDAY, NOVEMBER 18, 2019
- Do some research online about Climate Change and a part of the issue which interests you.
- Global Warming: Fact or Fiction?
- Extreme Weather
- Rising Sea Levels
- Extinction of Species
- Pollution of Oceans
- Water shortages
- Worldwide Heat Waves
- Migration of Human Populations away from Uninhabitable Regions
- Global Food Shortages
- Make AT LEAST three comprehensive sketches of poster ideas that you want to explore. These will be 20% of your grade.
- CREATE FILE: If using Photoshop, Illustrator, or InDesign: FILE SIZE = 3300x4200 pixels (this is Portrait, Landscape is 4200x3300). If you are using Premiere Pro, After Effects, or Animate use your best judgement.
- USE LAYERS - make certain your layers are labeled.
- DO NOT use copyrighted elements in your poster. No photos of US politicians, POSITIVE ACTION MESSAGES are encouraged. For copyright-free images, heck out the links on the Resource Page..
- .ZIP your file and Turn it in using the Bear Icon at the top left of your software page.
Week 3: September 16-20, 2019
EASY PEASY Grapefruit Assignment: 50 points DO IT TODAY!
Download the file HERE.
Rename it to: FirstName LastName.jpg and when you are finished turn it in using the Bear button at the upper left corner of this page.
Watch the video below and then create your own masterpiece! You can get EXTRA CREDIT if you "colorize" other parts of the photo>
Week 2: September 9-13, 2019
Continue watching the videos. If you need a break, take a look at the latest issue of Create Magazine
. You will be amazed at what you can make with Adobe software!
Week 1: September 4-6, 2019
This semester you will be learning how to efficiently and effectively use the Adobe software, Photoshop
. You can earn college credit
by passing the Adobe Certified Associate exam (optional) at the end of the course.You are responsible for your learning.
You will be watching training videos made by the best in the business: ACA Test Prep by Brainbuffet Elite
(or click on the red circular logo at the left side of the page). From the videos you will create Photoshop projects that will further cement your understanding of this complex software.
There will also be other projects on this website that y do. There will be a final exam or culminating project at the end of the semester.
Need a PDF of the Class Syllabus? CLICK HERE.
Words of wisdom from my Adobe Education Colleague, Mike Skocko
Digital Arts is supposed to be fun. Why are you so hung up on hard work?
Short Answer: So you’ll have fun in Digital Arts.
Longer Answer: It’s like learning to play a sport or a musical instrument. Those who work at it learn more quickly. The more you learn, the better you become. The better you become, the more you begin to enjoy the process. In time, the effort is no longer hard work but a kind of focused play. At that point, Digital Arts becomes a fun class that you’ll look forward to each day.
The Flip Side: Those who refuse to follow instructions day after day do not have fun in Digital Arts. The class is stupid, or boring, or a waste of time. It happens every year and the complainers are always the lazy ones.
I don’t want you to be miserable so I’m trying to make this as clear as possible.
You are all capable of this level of work!