CiS High School Tools
These are the tools you personalize to get the most from your high school experience—and to remember all that you accomplished.
Education Plan/Career Plan: Career Plan is about YOU. Career Plan helps you identify what’s important to you and how to make your dreams a reality. You also learn skills that will be important to your success—decision-making, goal-setting, and management.
Career-Related Learning Experiences/CRLE Plans: CRLE experiences can be part-time jobs, volunteer work, and job shadows—experiences that you learn from.
Course Planner: Create your personal course plan to map your high school and college coursework.
Senior Project/EA Project: Extended applications help you apply your skills and grow. They are often called senior projects. An extended application relates your personal, career, or educational goals to a project that you create.
Résumé Creator: Keep your résumé up to date with your most current work history and accomplishments.
Freshmen Cohort is designed as a class for incoming freshmen to bolster skills related to literacy, academic vocabulary building, and college career readiness. Students will complete the Freshmen portion of the CIS portfolio. If all work is caught up, studying or silent reading is the only other option.
Unless stated otherwise, all assignments are due at the end of the cohort period. No exceptions (other than absense) will be made.The assignments are structured to allow plenty of time for completion within the 90-minute class period.
Sophomore Forecasting Worksheet
Week 9, 10, 11, 12
Continue working on Academic Vocabulary and CiS Unit #3
Week 4, 5, 6, 7 & 8: Feb 25 - Mar 22
- DUE March 1: CiS Unit #1
- DUE April 4: CiS Unit #2
- Academic Vocabulary words 1-10 Due March 14
- Student Essay Contest:
Go to: https://www.scholastic.com/teachers/sponsored-content/breaking-barriers/video-teaching-extensions-for-breaking-barriers/
- TO SUBMIT YOUR ESSAY
Week 4: Feb 19 - 22
See the list of items below that you did not do last week!
Week 3: Feb 11 - 15
- REQUIRED: Take this survey. ALL BHHS students are required to do it.
- Don't forget to do Brig Schofield's survey that was emailed to your student email.
- Academic Vocabulary: 24 new words.
I do not have any way of doing a presentation, so here is the presentation for you to follow to instruct your thinking when defining and using the words.
- Tuesday, Feb 12: Take the vocabulary pre-test. Use the bubble sheet provided.
- If you have not set up your CiS account, do so NOW.
- DUE this week: CiS Unit 1: AV#1, AV#2, AV#3, AV#4
Week 2: Feb 4 - 7
- Movie Day
Students on the Honor List will receive a free ticket (3.0 grade average or above for 1st semester)
- You will receive a ticket on Thursday, Feb 7, during 6th period, and you'll be released at 1pm to walk down to the theater with your fellow Honor Roll students.
- You may bring money for snacks and drinks if you would like.
Week 1: Jan 28 - Feb 1
Wed. January 30:
For Grade: Ted Talk: How to Disagree Productively and Find Common Ground
Friday, Feb 1:
Create a new account in CIS Portfolio - this will be your account until you graduate. You will be working on CIS every year.