Yearbook is an intensive, deadline-driven course where students create a commercial-quality memory for the school using TreeRing.com. No experience necessary to take this course.
Week 6: Oct. 14-18, 2019
- Go to TreeRing and start looking at the Shared Photos that have been uploaded. Look at ALL of the photos by clicking on EACH individual pic irepresentation. You will discover that the representations on screen are completely different than the photos that you will actually be placing on the page. If you are signed-up to do a page, as you are viewing the pics, TAKE NOTES on which images you want to use! TAKE the TIME to thoroughly look through the selection. Laziness makes for a bad book. If you do not take the time, please know that Durkin knows EVERY photo and will redo your page (much to your detriment) if you have been too hasty (or biased) in your choices. The yearbook is about featuring EVERY student in the school, not just your friends. Sounds harsh, but it's true.
- Talk to the photographers - including Ms. Durkin - about what photos you envision for your page. We will do everything we can to fulfill you wishes.
- When you select the photo(s) that you want to use, the first, and MOST IMPORTANT thing that you must do is: CLICK ON TAGS (it will say 0 tags). You MUST enter the correct name of EACH person in the photo. If you do not know, ASK other people in the room!
- Questions? ASK for HELP. No worries. I am here to make you successful and proud of your pages. II have NO hidden agenda. My goal is ONLY to make the best, most fair yearbook possible.
Week 6: Oct. 7-11, 2019
Homecoming Week - lots of photos to take!
Week 5: Sept. 30 - Oct. 4, 2019
Week 4: Sept. 23-27, 2019
This week we need to:
- Finalize the ladder
- Assign pages
- Finalize categories for Senior Hall of Fame
Week 3: Sept. 16-20, 2019
- HOMECOMING 2019
- Wednesday: Powderpuff Football game on the football field 7 pm
- Thursday: Float building in the bus barn 6-10 pm all classes
- Friday: Noise parade at 2:30, homecoming assembly, Coronation at the football game
- Saturday: Homecoming Dance "An Evening in Paris" 8-11 pm in the school gym
You should have received an invitation email from TreeRing. Login to TreeRing and get acquainted with the program.
ASSIGNMENT: Time to design a page! Ms. Durkin will show you how it's done and then you will all make your own page using the photos available.
- Pay attention to Ms. Durkin's presentation on page layout
- You will be assigned a 2-page spread
- Your Page Assignments (for this task only) HERE
- Use ONLY the photos available in the Cross Country file.
- You MUST have the team photo as the largest photo on the page. Add other photos as desired but remember to try and get every team member on the page twice.
- Read the CRAP Poster
- Read the Page Design Rubric
- Look at the Contact Sheets of the Photos available and make note of the photos that you want to use.
- Place and Resize the photos. Add pretend captions below EVERY photo. 8 pt Myriad, line height: 1.1
Week 2: Sept. 9-13, 2019
Week 1: Sept. 4-7, 2019
ASSIGNMENTS DUE THIS WEEK (see below): Signed Class Syllabus, Required Survey, Yearbook Job survey, Theme activity
Welcome to the 2019-20 Yearbook Production Class. This week we will be talking about expectations, procedures, deadlines, photography, ladders, and coverage, coverage, coverage.
- Who is the Yearbook for?
The big picutre: organization of the Yearbook Team: Responsibilities, Requirements, Deadlines
- Photo Studio "Evenings?" Glamour Night, Pet night, Tattoos Family Pics Night?
- Social Standards
- Fall Sports Schedules